We’re committed to help you get the most out of Nicety. Below you’ll find a list of FAQs that’ll hopefully answer your most pressing questions.
For anything unanswered and more pressing, you can contact us directly using the details below and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can — most often within minutes, rarely hours, never days.
- I’m a designer or craft maker. How exactly can Nicety help me?Nicety is a quicker, more modern and digital alternative to sample books, material libraries and trade fairs. We make it uniquely simple for you to find the right materials and processing partners globally so you don’t have to compromise on price, quality or availability. Once you have found suitable options, you can contact the company directly for more information or to obtain material/work samples.
- What’s in your database, and how do you decide what goes in it?Nicety was created by creatives for creatives, and making sure our database is always of the highest quality and relevancy to you is critical to us. To maintain this, we only list materials we would use ourselves, have seen and held ourselves, and that have passed our vetting process looking at product quality, availability, cost, and suitability.
- I’m looking for materials in a specific country. Can I do this?Yes, you can. The top Navigation bar shows what country you’re currently viewing; Nicety will thus only show you materials available in this region, and mark others UNAVAILABLE. You can change the country by clicking on the country code and selecting a new country from the list.
- Is your service really free?Nicety was built to solve a problem, and make material information more widely and easily accessible through technology. We believe in a vision of the internet where information can flow freely and be used to make our lives better; that’s why access to Nicety is and will always be free.
- Who is *really* behind Nicety?Nicety is wholly owned and controlled by its co-founders and employees, which allows us to remain impartial and uphold the quality and integrity of our library.
- I’m a materials manufacturer, distributor or processor. How can I find out more about Nicety?Hi and welcome to Nicety, we’re glad you’re here. Drop us a line and we’ll be in touch.
- How can I get an account?Hit “Get started” in the top right corner of Home, or simply click here. Note that we’re currently in BETA and thus invite-only, however accounts on our waiting list are unlocked periodically and at random to give more people a chance try Nicety.
- How does the search function work?Our search function was built around simplicity and speed. There are two ways you can use it: (I) single search terms (for instance: “Letterpress”, “90 gms”, “blue”, “Acid-free”) or (II) stacked search terms (for instance: “Coated Letterpress 120 gsm Black) to narrow down your search results. If you’re not sure what to search for, you can use our advanced filter menu to help you find the right material.
- How can I switch between materials?You can either select a new material from the main Materials View (get here by clicking Materials in the top Navigation Bar), or via the switcher on the left side of any search bar in Materials.
- How can I add materials to mood boards?Head over to Moodboards, and hit the big + on the left to create and name a new moodboard. New materials can now be added to it from each individual material using +SAVE.
- I found a suitable material. What now?Each material offers two buttons: one “Contact company” button that links you straight to the profile of the Distributor responsible for the material within the set region; on their profile you can either (I) use the “Contact” button to contact them fast and securely through Nicety, or (II) use any of the contact details supplied to contact them directly. The second button (“Find processor”) links you straight to the Processor section, where you can easily find a local partner (i.e. printer) to order and process the material for you.
- I need more information on a specific material. How can I get help?You can either contact the Distributor responsible for the material within the set region directly by going to their profile page, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be glad to help.
- How can I have my account and personal data deleted?We believe in tech platforms always acting responsibly and doing what’s right for users — period. If you’d like to have your account and personal data deleted from Nicety, please contact us clearly outlining what you’d like help with.
- What’s new? Can I see a changelog?Yes you can! Head over to our Updates page.
- I’m a journalist looking for more information.Please drop us a line at email@example.com, and we’ll be glad to answer any questions you might have.
- There’s something I need to tell you; how can I reach you?We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.