We’re committed to help you get the most out of Nicety. Below you’ll find a list of FAQs that’ll hopefully answer your most burning questions.
For anything unanswered and more pressing, you can contact us directly using the details below and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can — most often within minutes, rarely hours, never days.
- I’m a designer or craft maker. How exactly can Nicety help me?Nicety is a quicker, more modern and digital alternative to sample books, material libraries and trade fairs. We make it uniquely simple for you to find the right materials and processing partners globally so you don’t have to compromise on price, quality or availability. Once you have found suitable options, you can contact the company directly for more information or to obtain material/work samples. For companies that are partnering with us, you may contact their brand representatives directly via Nicety.
- How do you decide what materials to list?Nicety was created by creatives for creatives, and making sure our database is always of the highest quality and relevancy is critical to us. To maintain this, we only list materials we would use ourselves, have seen and held ourselves, and that have passed our vetting process looking at product quality, availability, uniqueness, cost, and suitability.
- I’m looking for materials in a specific country. Can I do this?Yes, you can. The top Navigation Bar shows what country you’re currently viewing; the site will thus only show you materials available in this region, and mark others UNAVAILABLE. You can change the country by clicking on the country code and selecting a new country from the list.
- Who is *really* behind Nicety?Nicety is wholly owned and controlled by its co-founders and employees, which allows us to remain impartial and uphold the quality and integrity of our library.
- I’m a materials manufacturer, distributor or processor. How can I find out more about Nicety?Hi and welcome to Nicety, we’re glad you’re here. Drop us a line and we’ll be in touch.
- How can I get an account?Hit “Get started” in the top right corner of Home, or simply click here.
- How does the search function work?Our search function was built around simplicity and speed. There are two ways you can use it: (I) single search terms (for instance: “Letterpress”, “90 gms”, “blue”, “Acid-free”) or (II) stacked search terms (for instance: “Coated Letterpress 120 gsm Black) to narrow down your search results. If you’re not sure what to search for, you can use our filters to help you find the right material, and take it from here.
- How can I add materials to mood boards?Head over to Moodboards, and hit the big + on the left to create and name a new moodboard. New materials can now be added to it from each individual material using +SAVE.
- I found a suitable material. What now?Each material offers two buttons: a button that links you straight to the profile of the company distributing the material within the set region; on their profile you can then use the “Contact” button to contact them fast and securely through Nicety.
- I need more information on a specific material. How can I get help?You can either contact the Distributor responsible for the material within the set region directly by going to their profile page, or us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be glad to help.
- How can I have my account and personal data deleted?We believe in tech platforms acting responsibly and doing what’s right for users — period. If you’d like to have your account and personal data deleted from Nicety, simply contact us.
- What’s new? Can I see a changelog?Yes you can! Head over to our Updates page.
- I’m a journalist looking for more information.Please drop us a line at email@example.com, and we’ll be glad to answer any questions you might have.
- There’s something I need to tell you; how can I reach you?We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.